Sunday, January 1, 2012

2011 - 2012

Greetings, dear reader, and happy new year!

So, I thought I'd post a best of 2011 thing, as well as some thoughts on what's to come.
Here are the ten releases from last year that I enjoyed the most! They come highly recommended. Check them if you didn't get a chance to when they came out.

The Caretaker - An Empty Bliss Beyond This World
Toro Y Moi - Underneath The Pine
A Winged Victory For The Sullen - s/t
Belong - Common Era
Kyle Bobby Dunn - Ways Of Meaning
Willamette - Echo Park
Christina Vantzou - N°1
Harold Budd - In The Mist
John Maus - We Must Be The Pitiless Censors Of Ourselves
Real Estate - Days

In 2011, released my first EP, Fanø, as well as two compilation appearances. That isn't much, but I spent most of the year making and recording music; about 6 releases in total, incuding collaborations and EP's. I am quite satisfied with that, and cannot wait to bring some of those to you.
The first one will be the first of two Silencio albums, "When I'm Gone", out on CD/LP on three:four records in late January or early February.
"The Bay" will come out on CD on Basses Fréquences / Ronda shortly after that.
My "Tough Love EP" will come out on limited tape on Of Plants, and digitally on Resting Bell; the last two tracks will differ depending on the format.

Until then, here's the first video off the new Silencio album. enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment